What I wish I could tell my 13 yr old self…..Well, I’d make a day of it. I’d probably pick her up borrowing someone else’s car because going to pick mini-me up in my minivan would probably scare the crap outta her (me? Mini-me?)😵
I’d take her to the kitchen and invite her to help me bake My favorite Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I’d fix her to small cup of coffee even though mom doesn’t like us to drink coffee. (Even though sometimes at Grandma’s house Grandma’d let us cousins make some with lots of sugar and pet milk and lightly toasted bread and butter to go with it.) And while we were mixing I’d look her in the eye and tell her:
- Forgive because you are forgiven.
- It’s OK to be afraid. But do it anyway.
- Fear is no excuse.
- It’s OK to not know all the answers or every step of the way as long as you keep stepping.
- Failure happens, learn the lesson but don’t own the failure.
- You are stronger than you can even imagine because Christ strengthens you.
- Your name means Gift from God. Your presence is a present but do not give your pearls away to swine.
- Believe. Be consistent. And Be aggressive. B. E. AGGRESSIVE! That uneasy feeling in your gut is The Holy Spirit listen to it!!
- YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, HOT AND IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS.
- You’re witty and funny. OWN IT!
- You is smart, you is kind, you is important!
- Never let them steal your shine!
- PS. I love you. Stay away from wheat. You are not allergic to breakfast. It’s wheat. Get on AOL and look up Gluten. It’s a THING.
- ☺ and lastly, take off your mask the sparkle depends on the flaws of the diamond
Be kind to yourself,